Friday, August 10, 2007

Yeah!!! It's finally raining!!!

I just looked out my window at work and it is pouring down rain. We soooo desperately needed it. It is still 101 degrees though. My plants will be happy. We have been watering them so they won't die. Pa and Ohio got too much rain it seems. My sister in law sent me some pics from the tornadoes and flooding. What a mess. I am posting the link. The pic of the microburst/tornadoes is particularly scary.

Pittsburgh Storm

I have been officially inducted into the mammogram society today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had a great tech and she was very nice. If everything goes well, I won't have to have another one for 2 years when I hit the big 4-0. Then it's once a year.

I am on a mission to find some new bloggers on here. I don't get a lot of traffic through here and I would like to change that. I want to meet some new interesting people. After all, that's what I am here for. We'll see what happens.

Well, I am off to the beach in the morning. I will chat with everyone when I get back or sooner if I take my laptop.

Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

lpprdlvr said...

Hi Melanie! Hope you had fun at the beach!

Dick said...

I too hope you have a fun time at the beach and that the weather is good. We are in a bit of a cool spell with highs only around 70. But it has been dry.

As to more traffic on the blog, I think the best way is to go visit other blogs. In most cases when you leave a comment on a blog for the first time that blogger will click over on your link to see yours. The other thing is to update it regularly. I do not do as good at that as I should on mine.

Melanie said...

Dick- I am looking at some other blogs to find people with common interest as me and leaving them comments. Hopefully that works. I have been better lately about posting more. Sometimes life just gets in the way though.

Lisa- Thanks for stopping by. So far we are enjoying the beach. I'm just glad we have internet access at our beach house so I can stay connected with all my friends. :)

Jude said...

I was going to suggest the same thing Dick did, visiting links from other people's blogs.

It does make a huge difference how often you post too. I used to post every other day but for the last months it's been more sparse, and I've noticed the traffic flow has slowed down because of it.

Happy beaching hon!

Melanie said...

Jude- I have tried to get others interested by visiting their blogs and leaving tons of comments, yet they never seem to leave me any. I am trying it again though to see what happens.