Friday, August 24, 2007

I am soooo glad it's Friday!

I had the week from hell after getting back from a nice vacation. Why does that always have to happen???!!! It's like I didn't get a vacation at all when that happens. First my schedule is slammed and they keep wanting to add more patients to it. One person here people with one set of hands!!! Then yesterday one of the doctors was trying to hook up a printer to my machine to print the reports on and he screwed something up. I had to call tech support, but first I had to go through the automated line which has to be in India or something since everyone I talked to sounded like that kind of accent. The connection was horrible and they couldn't understand me well and vice versa. Finally someone from the States called, an actual American, thank the gods. He managed to walk me through fixing it. The printer is still not hooked up and I could care less if it ever gets hooked up. I put it back in the damn box it came in and said "Good riddance!" I should just bring it home since it is a whole lot better than the one I have and it's a scanner and copier and fax machine too. Fancy piece of shit is what it is. Oh, I almost forgot the lovely comment the aforementioned doctor said to me when I couldn't put the damn paper trays into the printer. He said "Women are so incompetent when it comes to computer stuff." Of course the smart ass that I am answered "I can shoot you between the eyes at 100 feet with one shot. I think that skill will come in more handy than being able to put a stupid tray in a printer, don't you?" Needless to say, he had no answer to that.

Okay, I'm done ranting about my week. Hubby is speaking to me again. I knew he wouldn't last the week. I'm glad though. I do hate it when we are fighting.

I don't know how many of you watch the series "Dexter" on Showtime, but Season 1 just came out on DVD and I went to Best Buy last night and purchased it. Hubby and I got hooked on it when we had a free weekend of Showtime a while back, but could never finish the episodes because we won't pay for Showtime for just that one show. We watched two episodes last night and will finish the rest over the next week or so. I'm trying to make it last since it will be awhile before Season 2 comes out on DVD since it hasn't even started on Showtime yet. I also bought Photoshop for us so we can mess around with our pictures. It's a really neat program. Now I just have to get the kids to teach me how to use it. (Remember, I'm Annie Oakley, not Bill Gates).

We have our first home football game tonight and we are all going to cheer Stephanie's boyfriend Will on. Steph won her tennis match yesterday. She is ranked number 2 on the team. Not bad for only playing a year. That's my girl!

Well, I need to go get ready to leave for the game. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: