Sunday, August 26, 2007

I am supposed to get a new car

Hubby's work sells their sales cars every year and gets new ones, and they offer them to their employees first at really good prices. We bought hubby one 2 years ago and it's been a great car. Here's what we are looking at:



2006 Chevy HHR

It doesn't hold as much as my van, but it is nice. The kids never want to go camping anymore so I guess we don't need as much room. I am excited about the prospect of getting a new car. they won't be ready for delivery until the first week of October, but I can wait. I've waited this long.

I am headed off to the softball field today to meet with the head coach and pick the rest of our team. It's such a long drawn out process. It's all so political. The same coaches always end up with the best players, miraculously. I dread going in a way. Kim is coming with me to help with the selection. She has a pretty good eye for these things.

We lost our football game Friday night 13-10. Our team put up a good fight. It was scary watching Will play. Some of you may remember he had back surgery last year and couldn't play all last season. Every time he makes a tackle, I cringe. I am so worried that he is going to hurt his back. I'm glad he's not my son. That would make it ten times worse. Stephanie and I sat next to his parents and you could tell his mom was very nervous. One of the highlights of the night came after the game. The marching band does this thing called "Blacktop." Basically, they head over to the basketball courts and have a little drum off. All the kids circle them and really get into it. I recorded some of it on my phone, but the sound quality is horrible. I may try to take the video camera next time so I can post it on here. These kids are pretty talented.

School starts back this Tuesday. Bummer for the kids. It's back to signing tons of papers that are brought home, writing notes, packing lunches or giving out lunch money, and all the other crap. We have open house tomorrow night where Kim will be able to do a walk through of her new school. She will be low man on the totem pole this year where her sister will be on the top. It will be a new challenge for her. They do this stupid thing called Freshman Academy at our high school. Basically, they separate the freshman into a different hallway and everything. Steph and Kim will never see each other during the school day. I don't know how they expect them to adjust to high school while being segregated. This is the second year they are doing it. I was hoping they would see how stupid it was after the first year and never do it again. I didn't get my wish.

Well, I'm off to the softball field. Take care.

3 comments:

Connie said...

hey Melanie! we won our football game Friday. 28-6. yay! My daughter is in Marching Band and my favorite part of the game is the end when they march around the track, out a gate and end up at the back door to the school. They play a few songs (one of my favorites, Stars and Stripes Forever) then the band goes in and the drumline stays out and they do this awesome drum thing. Our band is a military band and we only do military/patriotic songs. I LOVE football season!

Our school starts Tuesday of next week. Always the day after labor day, so we all can go to the BIG fair here. (not kidding). My daughter still hasn't gotten a schedule, they got a new computer and they are behind..um..hello..school starts soon...

I ahte the way some coaches always get the good players. This byear my son was on the 11/12 yr.old team and one of the coaches only took 12 year olds. They won the championship of course. Who are you going. You can't or else your kid gets embarrassed....

oh well...have a great day..I'm going school clothes shopping today...again...lol

Melanie said...

I hope we win our game tomorrow night. I love to watch the marching band. They are some talented kids.

Connie said...

LOL..I just reread my comment and apparently this stupid laptop ate some of my words. sorry!!

Have a great weekend...