Friday, August 17, 2007

Back from the beach

and missing it already! I am catching up on some blogs that I haven't visited in a while. I figured I can't complain about the number of comments I receive if I am not giving them out very well. (Smacks self on hand!) I have made some new friends though, so my efforts haven't gone unnoticed. I will continue to visit more blogs to make more friends. I am taking the suggestion I was given and posting more. Sometimes I guess I feel like if I don't have anything exciting to post about, I shouldn't post. I guess I have lost sight of the meaning of a blog. It's an online diary, which can be whatever I make of it. Some days it's an online confessional, some days it's a way to brag about my kids, some days I just need to get something off my chest. It's also a great way to meet some new and exciting people, which I have done over the last 2 years. I get some great ideas from other bloggers and I enjoy reading about other people's lives.

So bare with me while I adjust and maybe make some changes. I have changed the title to my blog. I may change it to something else after I have thought about it some more. My creative side needs to come out and think of something. Something that incorporates the different aspects of my life. I may try out some different titles over the next few weeks.

I have also realized that I need to get back to writing. Especially since I have my lap top back up and running. (All my stories are on it) I also have another idea for a story that I have been messing with on paper. I need to finish the one I started first though. I will probably never publish any of them, and I am okay with that. I enjoy writing just for the sake of writing. If others read it and enjoy it, that's enough for me.

Stephanie's boyfriend Will got some free tickets to a show tomorrow night. Quiet Riot, Vince Neil, and Slaughter. 80's music here we come! I don't know whether we will go or not. It's our last night with Eva before she leaves on Sunday. :( We ate at Red Robbin on the way home today and we told the waiter it was Eva's birthday so they would bring her a sundae and balloons and sing to her. She got a big kick out of it. Her birthday isn't until December, but since she won't be here then, we celebrated it early. I just hope we keep in touch and see each other again in the future.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Susan Mo said...

Hey there! I feel the same way about my blog. When I first started, I promised myself that I would write every day. There are some weeks that I don't write at all. Sometimes I feel I have nothing to say, some days I feel it is just nothing important. I need to write more about my thoughts and feelings. I tend to write about events.

I wish I was more computer savvy. As you can tell, my blog is very basic. I am using the standard templates. At least yours is visually interesting - and it plays music! How do you do that?

Melanie said...

I used to have a lot more on here, but took most of it off. As for the music, I just get the code from esnips.com. They have everything. I am usually like that with my blog. I would only write about events, but my friends tell me that I should write more about my daily life. I would think that people wouldn't find certain things interesting, but it is how we find out more about each other when we do it.