Saturday, January 30, 2010

Full Wolf Moon

Did anyone see the wolf moon last night? It was supposed to be the brightest full moon we will have this year. We had a major snow storm hit so we had absolutely no view of it :(




My favorite moon when I was growing up was the "blood moon." (Also known as the Hunter's moon).




I love reading the Native American stories about how the full moons got their names and the folklore behind them.

Yesterday afternoon we didn't have a drop of snow on the ground and this morning we woke up to this:







The high today is only 20, so it's even too cold and windy to go out and play in it. Maybe tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend :)

2 comments:

Diane said...

All beautiful pics Mel..I seriously want some of that snow. I find it so magical when the world is covered in a white blanket and we don't get nearly enough of it over here. I'm hoping to see lots on my trip over there and cannot WAIT to ski in it!!

Jude said...

Looks like where I am Melly, except we've had it since the beginning of winter.

I forgot to go outside with my camera last night, dammit!!