Friday, January 22, 2010

My daughters are so talented!

Kim won second place in a county wide poem contest! It was a poem that only took her 5 minutes to write is the thing, lol!

A local college called upon the creative writing class she was in to write a short play and the only criteria was that it had to be controversial. She teamed up with her boyfriend Tyler and their play was picked, and it will be performed tomorrow by the college drama department!

I am so proud of her :)

My oldest is in Pittsburgh this weekend. She just landed a few minutes ago and she said it was cold and there was snow on the ground! Her cousin is getting married and she is in the wedding. She is having her bridal shower this weekend, so I know she will have fun. She made all the bridesmaids decorative glasses for her and they turned out so pretty. She has started an online business selling these as well as some other things. Check out her site :)

Pink Scribbles

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend :)

7 comments:

Dick said...

Your Seattle visit in early April sounds good. We do have spring showers so bring your umbrella. I live in a small town about 60 miles north of Seattle and all that month is our Tulip Festival. Right now it is looking like the blooms may come early thanks to the El Nino affect. Last year they were late.

Diane said...

Yes, your daughters are VERY talented!! A few people have commented on the plate that Steph made for me for my christmas present...I think she'd have a few orders already if she were closer :)

Will kim be sharing her poem at all? I would love to see it!

Love to you all xx

Melanie said...

Dick- Oh tulips are my all time favorite flower. I would love to see that. Perhaps you could post some pictures? I will take my umbrella ;)

Diane- I haven't even read the poem yet. She wrote it 5 minutes before class because she forgot about the assignment, so she doesn't even have a copy of it, and I don't know if she will get her copy back from the contest :(

Jude said...

Wow, congrats to Kim!

Melanie said...

Thanks Jude :)

Janna said...

Hi Melly ... so sorry I haven't been to your blog for such a long time.
Congrats to your daughter, and I hope she gets a copy of her poem back!
Have a good week.
xoxo

Melanie said...

Thanks Janna. I've just started blogging again, so you haven't missed much, lol!