Sunday, January 24, 2010

Status going around facebook

is really pissing me off!! I try to be open minded and allow freedom of speech and all that, but this status is just too much.

"Shame on you America: the only country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, and mentally ill without treatment - yet we have a benefit for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations. 99% of people won't have the guts to copy and repost this."

It doesn't take guts to repost this for one thing. It takes stupidity! It's one of the most erroneous statements I have ever read!! The "only" country? Really?? Are you a complete moron? Have you been living under a rock?

People just repost things without even reading them because they are just following the idiot train. They think it's the "right thing to do." Wake up you brainless drones!

5 comments:

Orion said...

Welcome to American Liberalism. The people who sign on to this point of view do NOT do anything to help in the vast majority of cases.

The facts are wrong as well - We're not the only country with homeless, with hungry children, or elderly without medical help. But ours are better off than those in pretty much any other country in the world. As one immigrant put it, "I wanted to live in a country where the poor people were fat."

But our country is uniquely able to help others, particularly in an urgent emergency situation. Which is something the folks posting this idiocy cannot differentiate: Urgency vs chronic.

And yes, they're morons. They want bumper-sticker slogans because to actually LEARN something would take effort and require action.

I find it interesting that most of the Liberals I query about what they DO to help folks have no answer. I'm a conservative; I volunteer as a firefighter/EMT and a Soldier. I've donated countless hours helping people in a variety of areas.

What do they do? Nothing. Except whine.

Orino

Melanie said...

These same people will complain "I don't have any money to donate." Donate blood. It won't cost you a thing to do it but your precious time. Donate clothes that you have hanging in your closet that you haven't worn in years. These people simply cannot think "outside the box."

We are becoming overrun by these morons. HELP US ALL!!

Jude said...

Ah yes, the "stoopid" part of humanity.....

Fusion said...

That's one of the reasons I deleted my Facebook account. I've been a lot less annoyed since.

Janna said...

Can't stand 'em either. I hope the Democraps get slaughtered in the mid-term elections, then Nobama gets his ass whipped in 2012!