Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Homecoming 2007

Here are a couple of pics from Homecoming. We won 31-15!! Stephanie was a Senior Representative for Will, so that's why she is dressed up and is wearing that sash.





Stephanie and Will




Stephanie and Kim




It was College Night at the Coliseum last night and Stephanie and I went to check out perspective colleges. She got information from about 5 or 6. She found out that she more than meets the requirements for UNC-Chapel Hill and that is her first choice, so she was very happy about that. The lady told her that she just has to turn in good essay answers with her application and she should be set. Hopefully I will be buying that bumper sticker next year that says my daughter and my money go to Chapel Hill, lol! We are ordering cap and gowns tomorrow night as well as graduation announcements. Senior year is taking me broke!!!

I am so proud of my girls, as always. They are doing exceptionally well in school and sports and are just great kids. I find myself bragging about them all the time. I am so lucky to have good kids when there are so many teenagers out there drinking and doing drugs. I feel so fortunate and count my blessings for them every day.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. And for those of you getting a lot of rain, send some my way. We are in desperate need!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes senior year is a time for parents to start being broke...senior pictures, we have homecoming next weekend! Cap and gowns at end of Nov...and the list goes on!!

Jude said...

You have lots to be proud about Melly, and those are great pics of them too. ;-)

Dick said...

Senior year was awhile ago for me as my two graduated high school in 1991 and 1992, but you are right, it is busy and expensive.

We had money set aside for college & happily there was enough but it is expensive. But well worth it. My younger one has earned more money from the time he started his job (policeman) than others with only 2 year degrees or none. And the promotional opportunities are usually better, too.

Susan Mo said...

Your girls are so beautiful! You are very lucky to have such great kids. I don't have any children - part of it is the fear that you don't know how they will turn out!

Gosh, it is hard to believe that you have an almost college aged child! I'm glad that she is looking solid for her first paick, UNC-CH. It would keep her close to home, which I am sure would make her parents happy. Of course, UGA is also a great school in case she is still looking!!

Melanie said...

Thank you guys for your wonderful comments about my girls. They are the greatest.

Susan- UGA is a good school, but I prefer in state tuition. LOL! And I want her close to home. I will miss her enough being less than 2 hours away!

Michelle- We just ordered cap and gowns last night. One more thing down!

Jay said...

That's so exciting!

Lois Lane said...

Great photos, great kids! Yay for the big win!

Have a great weekend!

Tracey said...

Your girls are beautiful Mel =)

Melanie said...

Lois- Thanks girl. I am one of those moms who excessively brag about their kiddos. Sickenly so sometimes, but I love them!

Jay- Thanks and welcome.

Tracey- Thanks Trace. Monstergirl is pretty darn cute as well.