Friday, October 19, 2007

We finally got some rain!

It started last night and just stopped at lunch time today. We need so much more though. It really needs to rain for a solid week or more to make up for the drought. We are having our neighborhood fall festival tomorrow so I do hope we have some nice weather for it. Since I am the social director for the association, I will be busy, busy tomorrow starting at the butt crack of dawn! I have tents and tables to set up and I am in charge of making the iced tea, an essential for any southern get together. I will have help, so it's not like it's all on me or anything. Also, if I get to pick up the tags for my new car, I will try to pick that up tomorrow morning as well. So much going on!!! That's my life though. Never a dull moment. I guess they will come when the kids leave the nest. For now, I will just enjoy them.

Kim is bringing home a fake baby today for the weekend. Some of you may remember, my oldest brought one home two years ago, right around the time I started this blog. She is going shoppping after school with some friends with baby in tow. That should be interesting. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that.

Stephanie is leaving for Raleigh tonight to spend the night and get up early for NC State's Open House. Then they are off to the state fair. I hope the weather holds out for them as well. I know we need the rain, but I want it to rain at night when we don't have softball games and other things going on.

We won our softball game last night which was great! Last Tuesday they came back from a score of 12-3 to tie it up as well. Two great games in a row. Kim made it all the way to 3rd base on a dropped 3rd strike. They kept over throwing the ball and she kept going. That's my girl!

Hubby and I are visiting with my nephew and his wife tonight. He has every game system imaginable so I know what hubby will be doing. LOL! Boys and their toys.

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend wherever you may be on the map.

No comments: