Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Just a quick post

to say that I am back home and absolutely loved the game!!!! We had a blast. I forgot how much fun it is to watch my team on their home turf surrounded by 60 some thousand screaming Steeler fans whipping their terrible towels into a frenzy. Like a dumb ass I forgot my camera, but my sister did manage to snag a few pics she will be sharing with me soon so I can share them with you. I managed to get a sunburn on just the right side of my face and neck. Now that looks ridiculous to say the least. It was all worth it though. It was a gorgeous day for a football game. Tailgating was fun. Met some great people and ate some wonderful Pittsburgh food. Yummy!!! I wish I could bring it home with me. I would probably weigh 300 pounds if I did though. LOL!

Dick- I was happy to see your Seahawks win as well this past weekend. Congrats!

Well, I am off to catch up on some tv shows that I have in the DVR. I will post some pics soon. We have Homecoming Friday night as well and Stephanie will be dressed up since her boyfriend is on the team so they will be having a big ceremony and such. So I will post some pics of that as well, probably this weekend.

So long for now!

8 comments:

Jude said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I hope you have a great weekend Melly!

Tracey said...

sounds like a great time was had by all! Looking forward to pictures when you get a chance to share =)

Dick said...

Maybe the Seahawks will have another good season. Our baseball team was doing pretty good until about 5 weeks ago when the went something like 3 wins & 19 losses in a row. It kind of makes me wonder how they can turn so bad so fast. Oh well, there is always next year.

Now see if you had that RV you could take it along to tailgate with!

Melanie said...

Jude- I did have a great weekend. Thanks!

Tracey- As soon as I can get my sister to share them, I will post some pics.

Dick- That would be great to have the Seahawks and Steelers in the Super Bowl again. WE saw a lot of RV's on the road while we were traveling this past weekend. I want one so bad!!! They would be great to tailgate with. Especially the ones with the built in tv's that swivel to the outside and the outside grills/sinks. Now taht would be tailgating in style!

Lois Lane said...

I can't gt into football right now. The Cubs are kicking ass and taking names. It's about time!!!! WOoHOoOo!

Have a great weekend!

Dick said...

The Seahawks won a big one this past Sunday, beating S.F. 23 - 3 which now gives the Hawks uncontested first place in their division. Maybe our two teams will meet again in February?

Many RVs have or offer an outside entertainment center. They are in one of the storage bays on the RV entry side. You sit on the patio that is often included with campsites, under your awning for sun or rain protection, and watch it with all the amenities of the RV available just inside the door.

Susan Mo said...

I'm glad you had fun in Pittsburgh. Did you eat one of those sandwiches that is the bread with the meat and fries stuffed in it? I know it is from a famous restaurant, but I can't remember the name.

What are you DVRing this TV season that you like so far?

Melanie said...

Lois- Go Cubbies!!! I am very excited that they are doing much better.

Dick- I would love to have one of those RV's for tailgating. That would be great. We saw some at a show before and they are nice. Good luck to your team when they play us.

Susan- Yes we ate at Primanti Brothers. They are great!! They have one at the Heinz Field stadium. The shows that I like so far are Journeyman and Moonlight. I am still one the fence about Bionic Woman. Hubby likes it, but I'm not so sure. Pushing Daisies was ok. I don't like the choice of their film style. It reminds me of the Jim Carrey Grinch remake.