Sunday, May 28, 2006

Barbaric Baptisms

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely 3 day weekend! I know I am. Yesterday we went to a baptism for our friends from Romania. Their son Stefan is getting so big! It was at a Greek Orthodox Church so it was a loonnnngg ceremony. I felt like I was at at Catholic wedding, lol! Hubby said I owed him big time for having to sit through it. For those of you who aren't familiar with Catholic/Orthodox ceremonies, everything is done in 3's!! They actually dunked Stefan totally under the water the third time, which is totally barbaric to my husband and I and very painful to watch.

The long wait of the ceremony was worth it for the party afterwards. We had tons of food, alcohol and dancing. I actually learned some Romanian dances, which are very similar to Greek dances. Oompah! We had a great time.

There has been a change of plans for our exchange student. It seems that they didn't have enough Spanish kids sign up so they are sending the small group to one state together, Kentucky. Bummer. So we discussed it and decided that we would take a French girl. Her name is Claire and she is coming at the end of July. We are still very excited about it. She is 17. Kim (my youngest) was hoping for Elmundea from Spain since she is 15 and closer to her age. I told her it was a great opportunity to learn some French.

We are having a family picnic and softball game tomorrow for the holiday. I will try and remember my camera, but I wouldn't get your hopes up considering how well I remember it any other time, lol!

Have a great holiday everyone!

No comments: