Sunday, December 18, 2005

Changing the past

Yet another end to another weekend. I finished wrapping all of my Christmas presents tonight, thank goodness. I can't believe that Christmas is almost here once again. We were watching some videos of the girls when they were small and my how time flies. One part of it was when my oldest graduated from Dare in the 5th grade (you know, the don't do drugs campaign) and she was standing next to a boy that died this past summer, goofing off on the back of a pickup truck. She looked at me and said she wished that we could go back to some moments. I knew exactly what she was thinking. She wanted to save David. I told her that things happen for a reason and that changing events would only change other events, like a domino effect. Her heart was in the right place, though. If only it were that simple. I started wondering if I could change one major event what would it be? I guess it would be the death of my father. The only problem is, it would require him to quit smoking and even if I told him it would eventually kill him, he was the type of person that wouldn't quit anyway. This is going to sound harsh, but he was pretty selfish in a lot of ways. So I guess I don't know what event I would change, probably nothing since I strongly believe in consequences in doing so.

Okay, enough philosophical shit for one night. Here's my usual Sunday funny:

A professor was giving a lecture on "Involuntary Muscular Contractions" to first year medical students.

Realizing that this was not the most riveting subject the professor decided to lighten the mood slightly.

He pointed to a young woman in the front row and said, "Do you know what your ass hole is doing while you're having an orgasm?"

She replied, "He's probably down at the bar getting drunk with his friends"

Have a great week!

Melanie

No comments: