Sunday, November 13, 2005

Shopping and promise rings

Well I managed to get some more Christmas shopping done yesterday. My mom and I went pretty early before most of the crowds hit, so it was nice. Especially since we had to go to the mall. I hate going there too. I hate all of those little kiosks that they have. Someone tried to get us to try some new hand lotion while another wanted us to try some hair straightener. I mean you've seen my hair, can it get any more straight?? I don't think so. Just let me shop!!! I did accomplish a lot though, of course that meant spending a lot as well, but I have a Christmas club through work, so I just put some $ in it all year and withdraw it at the end of October. That way I don't have to feel like I'm spending a lot of our $ in the checking account all at one time. Hubby would blow his top if I did that since I usually spend at least a thousand on the girls easy, especially now that they are older and want things like iPods and laptops.

My daughter and her boyfriend, Will (the one standing next to her in the Halloween pics)are getting more serious. They bought each other promise rings. I asked her what they signified and she said they meant two things. One, that they wouldn't date other people and two, no sex before marriage. I liked the second half of course. I just hope they stick to it. I guess hubby will just have to clean more guns when Will comes over, LOL!

We are going over to the in-laws today for a visit. My mom-n-law is making pizza and she makes great pizza, so I'm excited.

It looks like I missed another talk with the Odettes last night, which pisses me off. Sorry ladies, I'll try to be there next time.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Smooches,

Melanie

No comments: