Saturday, November 26, 2005

3 A.M. wake up calls

Been playing around with my blog again. Found a cool site that lets you make a picture marquee and another that lets you make tickers. I am anxiously awaiting my new DL dvd. I got an email yesterday that it was shipped out, so I hope I get it today. I'll be doing a happy dance if I do.

My cold is doing much better, but my oldest has strep throat. I started her on antibiotics yesterday. I called her boyfriends mom and told her to watch out for any signs so she can take him since it is so contagious.

I took the girls to see Yours, Mine, and Ours. It was a cute movie. Dennis Quaid is such a cutie pie, and he's in uniform in this one ladies, can we say Officer and a Gentleman? It is similar to the original version with a few changes.

I hope all my American friends had a great Turkey Day. I ate too much as usual, went into another tryptophan stupor, watched some football (of course), and enjoyed some time with my family. I hope Karen survived her day at work. I'll have to check her blog for any updates.

Our security system went off at 3am this morning. Talk about a jolt. Hubby checked out the downstairs (with the shotgun of course) while I talked to the security company on the phone and guarded the upstairs. After much looking, we figured out the curtains in the kitchen must have set it off. The vent blows up right underneath of them and it was colder last night so the heat kicked on downstairs. I'm just glad we didn't have to shoot anyone. I know everyone has different view points about guns in the home, Jude, Tracey and I had an interesting chat about it not along ago, but I for one felt much better knowing we had them when that alarm went off. Home invasions are on the rise unfortunately. We hope we never have to use them, but we will if we are placed in that situation. It was hard to fall back asleep. I kept expecting it to go off again. It's a weird feeling, lots of adrenaline. I'm proud of the kids. They did exactlty what they were taught to do, stay in their rooms unless we tell them differently. The security company called us right away, which was good. All in all it was a good "drill" for us. I just hope we never have to use it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Melanie

No comments: