Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blue skies finally

We are actually having some warmer temps today, around 50. I am so sick of all the snow and ice. I hate driving in it. My work didn't close at all this past week either, so had to brave the slick roads. I normally have a 20 minute ride into work and one day it took almost 45 minutes! I can't believe how many pregnant women come out in this stuff. Well, actually I can because so many of our patients are STUPID! Let me risk my life, and the life of my unborn child to come see what I'm having! I must know! The world will end if I don't!!! Crazy asses!

Kim had her interview Thursday for Wake Forest and it went extremely well. I am so proud of her. They paired her with an admissions counselor that had the same interest as her, so she said he was very easy to talk to. They talked about poetry and one of her favorite books, 1984, which was also a favorite of the counselors. She showed him some of poetry (Mom's idea to bring it, score one for me, lol) and he was really impressed. He was a bit surprised that she was a black belt in taekwondo. (Remember, she is only 95 pounds and 5'2") He asked if she ever had to use her use her skills on the street? That made her giggle as she replied "Not yet." She had the biggest grin on her face as she walked out from it. It's a smile that I would love to catch on film one of these days. It's infectious. It makes everyone around her smile. They receive about 10,000 applications to sort through, so it's pretty competitive. She wants this so bad, so I want it for her as well. She will be so heartbroken if she doesn't get in. We won't find out until April though. Going to be a long 3 months.



Kim all dressed up for her interview.

My laptop died the other day. I knew it was coming by how it was acting. It finally had a blue screen that said something about a fatal error. Ken called it the "blue screen of death." I'm probably going to get a new one this weekend. I have been using Ken's Mac and I don't like it very much. I hate where you rest your hands to type. It has sharp edges and it makes my left wrist hurt and turn red unless I type with my hand suspended, which is just plain uncomfortable. Sorry Mac users, I like my Dell PC. :)

Enjoy your weekend everyone :)

6 comments:

Orion said...

Good luck! I hope she makes it in!

If you mail me your laptop, I'll wipe it clean and install Ubuntu Linux on it for you - use it as a learner machine when you get your new one. It's SOOO much better than Windows it's not even funny.

Orion

Jude said...

Take Jeff up on that Melly!

I've got my fingers crossed for Kim, I can't see why they WOULDN'T accept her!

Melanie said...

I may take you up on that O. Hubby's brother has a computer shop so I'm asking him if he can do it first since he's closer. I will let you know. :)

And thanks guys for the good luck wishes.

Unknown said...

I also have a dell laptop it's an inspiron an I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Caio Botêlho said...

segue esse blog? sonhomeusaude.blogspot.com.br

Caio Botêlho said...

segue esse blog? sonhomeusaude.blogspot.com.br