Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's Softball Season

I have to take a moment to brag about my oldest daughter, (not that I never do that, LOL!) I went out today to get some additional things for her party that I forgot about (one thing being candles for the cake, how did I forget about those??)

My girls have a small list of chores to do every weekend, so when I left this morning I told them to make sure they did them. Well, when I returned home a few hours later, Stephanie not only did her list of chores, but also did most of my laundry and a good deal of her homework. She is such a great kid!!! She is taking AP Psychology right now and has tons and tons of work to do for it, so for her to take time away from that and help her mother was just so sweet. And she spent NO time with Will today so she could accomplish all of these things and that is a BIG sacrifice for her.

Now softball starts back up again on Monday, so beware, I am a softball mom. We eat, live, and breathe softball in my house from February til August. My youngest is trying out this year for the middle school team, so keep your fingers crossed!! I will be posting about her games (wins and losses), ranting about "Blue" (the umpire), and venting from time to time. I apologize ahead of time. If you thought I was a football fanatic, you ain't seen nothing yet, LOL!

Okay, now some bragging for my youngest. Her modeling teacher called us and wants to use some of Kim's pics for a advertising campaign she is doing for her school, so Kim's picture may be in the newspaper! She is very excited about it. I am going to have her autograph a copy for me, LOL!

Well, I think that about brings us up to date for now. I'm off to do some writing since hubby keeps asking me for another chapter, the slave driver!

Have a great weekend!

Melanie

No comments: