Saturday, January 14, 2006

Countdown to the Sweet 16!

Well, I've started my official countdown to my baby's sweet 16. Depressing in a way. We ordered the invitations, decided on a place, a cake, hired the DJ, and the food. She wants to do an hawaiian laua theme, so that should be fun. Of course, I will have plenty of pics to post. And the following day is the winter formal, so even more pics!!!

We have been so spoiled with warm temps that today's temps in the 40's are making me cold, LOL! I got a gift certificate for Christmas to a local book store and hubby wanted to take me today to spend it, but I told him that it's way too cold outside. So we've decided to plan our summer trip instead. We are doing a northeast tour of the U.S. and we are camping along the way with the exception of the very end when we are in the "Big Apple." It's gonna be a hotel there.

We are still trying to decide what we are doing for our spring break trip. We have spent the last two years going with another family, first to Charleston, SC then to St Augustine, Fl. We are supposed to take a cruise to the Bahamas this year, but we are still undecided if we want to spend that kind of money right now. We are really trying to put money away for our upcoming college student. That will be here before we know it.

Well, hubby grabbed the camping guided book, so I better go help plan this trip so we get to go where I want to go, LOL!

Melanie

No comments: