Saturday, March 14, 2009

I found a lump

in my right breast Thursday night while I was taking a shower. I had one of the doctors feel it yesterday at work and she scanned it with the ultrasound machine. The whole time I am hoping it's going to be a cyst, but it wasn't. It looks solid, and one view she got looked like it had irregular borders. Of course the ultrasound tech in me is screaming out in my head, SHIT SHIT SHIT!!! This is when I wish I was the clueless , naive patient that didn't know the difference.

I have to go Monday morning and get an official ultrasound and probably some diagnostic views with the mammogram. I was scheduled to get a mammogram this May for my 40th birthday. My last mammogram looked good, but it was done a year and a half ago.

Hubby is in Los Angeles visiting his nephew until Tuesday. I haven't told him anything yet. I figured there was no use in ruining his trip when I didn't know anything. He's going to get mad at me for that, but he'll get over it. I know him and he will fly home today if I tell him. He never does anything just for himself, so he deserves to have a good time.

So keep your fingers crossed for me and say a little prayer or two if that's your inclination. I'll let you know what they say. In the meantime I am going to enjoy my weekend with my beautiful girls since Stephanie is home from school.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Jude said...

Melly you know I've added you to my prayer list, and I won't stop until I know you're cancer free. Which you WILL be! Catching it now is good, and I'm hoping for a cyst. But if it's more than that, I know you will have it treated and you'll be okay.

Hang in there honey. And yes PLEASE keep us posted?!!

Janna said...

Oh Melly, please know I am praying hard for you, girl!

I also have a health "issue" that I promise to blog about as soon as I can.

Be strong, dear one, and as Sista Jude asked, keep us posted whenever you have time.

{{{HUGS}}}
xoxo

Melanie said...

Thanks ladies. I knew I could depend on you guys for support. I will keep you posted.

Lesley Looper said...

How did everything go today?

Jude said...

Yes, how did it go Melly?

Connie said...

oh no!! I just now read this!! I am so glad everything is ok!