Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Not too much going on

Just chilling out and getting to know our exchange student better. She is such a delight. We got so lucky picking her. She fits into our family so nicely. Ken wants her to come back for the school year to stay longer. I wish she could as well, but I'm sure her parents are anxious to get her back. She wanted to go to an American beach so we are taking off for Topsail for a week for some fun in the sun. We weren't planning on taking any more vacation this year, but we couldn't tell her no and we love Topsail. It's so relaxing. My two sisters and their children are coming with us as well as my mom. We got a big house to fit everyone. I am so excited about going and getting away from work even though I just did a few weeks ago, but who's counting??? LOL!

I still have some pics to post from our winert trip, but they are on the computer in the bedroom Eva is staying in so I will post them after she goes home. I don't feel right about going in there now that she is staying in there with all of her stuff. I want to give her privacy.

I bought some cd's to teach us French while we are driving in the car. I must look a sight "talking" to myself as I'm driving. Oh well. Whatever works. I want to get fluent in it again before we go to Europe in 2009.

Eva and her family are moving from France back to Guadeloupe next August. She has invited us to come and stay with them. I hope we get to do that sometime. It is a beautiful island in the Carribean.

Oh well, I guess I will get back to work. Bummer! I will just keep daydreaming about sipping margaritas on the beach :)

6 comments:

Jude said...

Sounds like Eva's a pleasure to have around! She'll love it at the beach with you guys too.

Wow I hope you can get to visit her in the Caribbean, you KNOW we'd expect pictures, right? ;)

Melanie said...

She is a great joy to have around. And of course there will be pics!!

Connie said...

I'm so glad you picked a "good one". And, the beach..again? I'm beyond jealous!

Take care, have fun, and think of me at least ONCE when you are sipping those margaritas! Come to think of it...my friend Yvette is going this weekend too. And I am sure she will have some kind of fruity drink with an umbrella!

I guess I'll settle for a baseball game and my pool....

Dick said...

Vacations are sort of a way to practice for retirement. It isn't as far away as it sometimes seems to be- you will find the time goes pretty quickly. Then every day is like being on vacation!

Melanie said...

Connie- Yes we got very lucky with Eva. She is great. I wish you were going to the beach with us girl. I will have a margarita for you though.

Melanie said...

Dick- yes those years will be here before we know it. Our plan right now is to move to Oregon or Washington, buy a nice RV and winter in Arizona. Having that to look forward to doesn't make it bad at all.