Monday, July 09, 2007

A few pics from my trip to the burgh

My sister in law works for US Steel so she got us up to the 61st floor for a view from way up high.

PNC Park where the Pittsburgh Pirates play:



Heinz Field (Home of the Steelers!!)



If you look really close you can see some big white boats. They are part of a clipper fleet that you can get on to tour the rivers.



Of course, no Pittsburgh trip would be complete without a little shopping, right ladies? My girls went right to the Prada purses that cost a couple of thousand dollars. Stephanie took her picture with one. I told the sales lady that was the closest she was getting to one, lol!



We went to the quaint town of Harmony for dinner one evening and had dinner at The Harmony Inn, which was built in 1856. The original owners sold it and it was turned into a saloon/hotel for a while. Eventually it became a restaurant. There are stories that it is haunted.




This was an example of one of the many original, small homes that are still there.



We had a great trip. I love visiting my hometown, but I love getting back to NC where we belong.

3 comments:

Dick said...

Nice photos. It looks like the baseball field is actually below the water level of the river. Is that true or just an illusion from the high angle view?

Thanks for your visit. Houses in my community are not yet as expensive as those in Seattle but they sure are not cheap! My son just sold his which probably would be considered a starter house nowdays (3 BR, 2 B only a 2-car garage) for $279,000 and moved up to one a bit larger (4-BR, 3 car garage, 2 1/2 B, etc) that cost $400,000 and then you have to put in the fence and landscaping. I find it scary to think of monthly house payments of $2,300.

Connie said...

I love the pics! Is the US Steel place near the Westin? We walked from the Westin across that bridge by Heinz Field when we went to the Rolling Rock Town Fair...that was crazy crossing the bridge on foot!!

Melanie said...

Dick: No, it's an illusion from the high angle view. It was pretty neat seeing it from that high. Wow, those prices are expensive. We bought a 4br 2.4 bath brand new brick house in my area for right at 200,00. I wouldn't want that kind of house payment either!!

Connie: Yes, the building is right near it. My sister in law freaked out when I told her they stay at the Westin. She wanted to go in and find them, lol. I told her they wouldn't be there as it was only Friday and they might not be staying the night anyway. Depends on the tour and such. If I had known she wanted to meet them that bad, I would have bought some tickets and stalked them, I mean tried to find them, hehe. That is crazy to walk across the bridge. They shut down the Clemente bridge for baseball games so people can walk across without being run over.