Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm back from the beach!

And came back to colder weather, yikes!! I want to go back to the beach where we had temps in the low 80's and no humidity. It actually snowed here Friday night. WTF!!! Don't get me wrong. I don't particularly like how hot it gets here in the summer, mainly because of the humidity, but snow in April??!! Give me a break.

We did have a very relaxing time at the beach. Topsail is known for 2 things:

These rocks that are just as abundant as shells on the beach:




And these:




Pretty cool, huh? Ken and I spent most mornings walking the beach and collecting these. It became a contest to see who could find the biggest one. Our daughter Stephanie won.

The first evening we were there, we were greeted by this view off our back deck:



This is overlooking the sound. Gorgeous view. It was very nice just to sit out on the deck and watch the sun set each evening.

Kim wouldn't let us take her picture, but we managed to capture a great one of Steph:




All in all, we had a great time. I just hate to have to go back to work tomorrow. Boo!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and Happy Easter!

No comments: