Friday, November 17, 2006

What a performance!

What has a laser show, fake snow, pyrotechnics, as well as some really damn good rock music??? The Transiberian Orchestra that's what!

I was blown away Wednesday night. I wasn't expecting the performance that I got. They gave you your money's worth and more. The first half of the show was Christmas oriented (if you've never heard Christmas in Sarajevo I highly recommend it) then the second half was pure rock. (Including a rendition of Layla by Eric Clapton!) I was kinda hoping they would break out into some PSSOM, but they didn't. Bummer!

The guy that lead the orchestra had his own custom electric violin in the shape of a flying V. How cool is that?? Then he had one where the edges of a violin and the bow glowed in the dark! It was way cool.

They all had real talent. If you have never seen them before, do. You will not be disappointed. Well worth the money.

We are hanging out at home for Thanksgiving. Trying to save some moulah since we are going to be dishing out a pretty penny in January for my surgery. Yes, we've made a final decision about it and we are going for it. I just hope it doesn't take too long. I'm anxious!! Who knows? Maybe me and my fellow lep fan Connie will be doing this together. You never know. (Still keeping my fingers crossed for ya babe).

Have a safe and wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: