Saturday, March 10, 2007

Trying to come to a sense of understanding...

We had our monthly Bunko game last night. It was something I really needed after this week. It felt good to laugh. Eva plays with us sometimes so her presence was deeply missed, especially since we did a St Patty's Day theme. She always gets into the spirit with her garb and different head gears.

Thanks to a fellow blogger, Kelly, who posted a comment on my last post. I have put Eva in touch with her to help her in anyway she can. Apparently there is a trial at Duke Hospital here in NC that Hayden may be eligible for. I am still holding out hope that the diagnosis may be wrong. One can dream, right? Thank you again Kelly. You are a remarkable person.

On a brighter note, my softball team had a scrimmage game (just a game for fun that doesn't count) Thursday night and we won!!!! The girls did so well. I am so proud of them. They are really coming together as a team. We picked our team colors. They will be teal and black, very pretty. They wanted hot pink, but the shirts didn't come in that color. We have practice again today in just a little bit. It's a pretty day for it. Another perfect Carolina blue sky (and no it is not Duke blue for you ACC fans, lol!!!) Basketball is probably the one sport I cannot watch, so I am not thrilled about the tournament going on right now. I will root for Carolina just because Steph wants to go there (along with all my money!!)

Have a great weekend everyone. And just once, if only for a moment, take the time to just enjoy what is around you and appreciate it for how precious it truly is. You are all very precious to me.

1 comment:

Dick said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. I wish it could have been on a happier subject and that you would post a bit more often.

Are you still looking into getting an RV? We just bought a new one and are in the process of getting it setup. I look forward to our outings with it and hope that Pat will enjoy that way of traveling as much as I do.